Katy’s online journey to get help originally began on Facebook on April 12, 2011 at Help Katy Back to Rehab. To see where it all started, visit Katy on Facebook.
To read Katy’s first, original blog that was created in February 2011, please visit Believe in Miracles.
Katy has a YouTube channel, The Chair Chronicles, where you can learn more about her and follow her journey
Katy meets Saint’s quarterback, Drew Brees:
- Local 15 News story *Undoubtedly the very best news story that has been done for me. Not only does it chronicle my life since the accident, but it also talks in great detail about my meeting with Drew Brees. In fact, they even followed me over to New Orleans that day and got video of me actually meeting Drew.
- WLOX Interview
- Mississippi Press
Follow Katy’s story as she documents her time at the Shepherd Center. She will be keeping up with a journal that is to be published in the Mississippi Press every few days while she is in Atlanta. The first story, called “Keeping up with Katy” appeared on April 22, 2012, and can be found through the Gulf Live website.
- April 26, 2012- Keeping up with Katy: Blake begins rehab in Atlanta wearing Saints attire
- April 27, 2012- Keeping up with Katy: Blake sets goals with therapists, makes new friends
- May 1, 2012- Keeping up with Katy: Blake gets mix of bad and good news
- May 6, 2012- Keeping up with Katy: Blake making moves towards independence
- May 11, 2012- Keeping up with Katy: Blake ready to get on the Locomotor Mat and walk
- May 14, 2012- Keeping up with Katy: Blake spends time standing at rehab.
- May 20, 2012- Keeping up with Katy: Blake gets flicker of hope on Lokomat
- May 26, 2012- Keeping up with Katy: Physically taxing fun pushes Blake to the limit.
On April 17, 2012, Katy was interviewed by Ezra Wall at Mississippi Public Broadcasting. You can listen to her segment, that begins at 16:50 on their webpage.
Katy’s most recent WLOX interview was with Doug Walker of WLOX that aired on April 5, 2012. You can watch the video and read the news article here.
April 2, 2012, Katy had her story told by Danielle Cox, from New Orleans Examiner. Please click here to read the article.
On March 30, 2012, Katy was featured in WDAM Neighborhoods, which you can read at this link.
Also, Walter Brown and Kelly Bennett recorded this interview with Katy, which aired on Magic 93.7 Friday, April 22, 2011. Our sincere thanks to Walter and Kelly in the Mornings for the interview, and to Clear Channel Radio of Biloxi for providing the recording and giving us permission to use it.
Katy also appeared in an interview on WGUD TV which aired on May 18, 2011
Katy Blake and T-shirt Fundraiser Coordinator Laura Cole were interviewed by Doug Walker on WLOX-TV 13 May 20, 2011. You can see the video with a larger picture here, or you can read the text and see a smaller version of the video here.
On June 17, 2011, Katy was a guest on Mississippi Public Broadcasting radio station. You can hear that interview here.
Katy and Laura also appeared on Studio 10 out of Mobile, AL. You can read and watch that interview here.
And of course, you can read about Katy in the Mississippi Press as well